CSE students: Click “Apply” below to submit your application.
CLA students: Please apply using this job posting link.
CSOM students: Please apply to this job posting link.
2021 Undergraduate Summer Internship Program – Risk Management & Compliance (Minneapolis – St. Paul, MN)
Why U.S. Bank?
Headquartered in Minneapolis, with a presence across the globe, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. As the fifth-largest bank in the United States, we are one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. We’re committed to doing the right thing, making smart changes and collaborating for the good of our customers, communities and other stakeholders – and especially for the good of one another. We’re proud to be recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as a 2020 World’s Most Ethical Company® for six years running and included on DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity. At U.S. Bank, you’ll be empowered with the tools you need to succeed in your role and grow your career.
What you will gain as an intern
Our 10-week paid internship experience is dynamic and tailored to your interests. We think you should spend time doing something you love at a place you’re proud to work – not just earning a paycheck.
As an intern, you’ll:
- get hands-on experience solving business needs
- support communities where we live and work
- interact with senior executives
- get paired with a formal mentor
- attend social and professional development events
- work on a diverse team
- develop business acumen
What you may learn
- Processing reviews to mitigate risks
- Completing root cause analysis of risk occurrences
- Tracking assigned regulations
- Collaborating with internal partners to identify risks
- Developing algorithms for risk analysis
- Performing other related duties as requested
Your future career opportunities
- Risk Compliance Analyst (RCA) Professional
- Information Security Analyst
- Account Manager
- Credit Risk Analyst
- Quality Analyst
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to think and work independently within a professional setting
- Analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Flexibility to work within a multi-discipline team and receive dynamic on-the-job training
- Highly organized; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.