Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. A UnitedHealth Group internship opportunity will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You’ll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business and gain valuable industry experience. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
This is not just a summer internship. Become a part of a dedicated team within our sales call center that is working hard to make health care work better for everyone. You benefit from healthcare sales experiences and collaboration with experienced professionals and leaders. You’ll have the opportunity for continuous learning while building a foundation of skills.
As exciting as it may be, this kind of opportunity also presents unique challenges. You’ll need to keep up with constantly evolving systems and technology tools. You’ll need to embrace our commitment to an agile and collaborative culture that drives a successful sales center. You’ll need to work in a disciplined approach to processes that helps us protect the health care data of millions of members.
**This is a full-time internship position and will be available starting in the summer of 2021**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
This 10-12 week internship is full-time (40 hours/week) with several shifts available during our hours of operation. After successful completion of the internship program, opportunity for continued employment may exist. Our office is located at 9151 Boulevard 26, North Richland Hills, Texas 76180.
- Receive inbound calls from customers interested in purchasing individual insurance products
- Update the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) database with customer information
- Help customers determine the best solution for their needs by using a consultative sales process
- Assist customers with the completion of applications for coverage and then follow-up with customers as needed
- Respond to member eligibility questions and verify their enrollment status
- Collaborate with others as part of a team or work independently to solve routine or complex problems as needed
- Completion of a group project
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Pursuing a degree in Business, Management, Operations, Sales/Marketing, Finance or a related business field
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications including Microsoft Word and Excel, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to multi-task, including the ability to navigate a computer while speaking on the telephone
- Excellent communication skills
- Active listener
- Demonstrates the ability to perform proficiently in a dynamic call center role
- Quick learner who is able to stay organized
What are the reasons to consider an internship with UnitedHealth Group?
- The daily ability to “leave work at work”
- Varying shift options within our hours of operation
- A focus to support a work-life balance
- Opportunity for continued employment
- Community Service opportunities
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we’re presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn’t imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you’ll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You’ll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you’ll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.