Summer Internship – General Business
Learn our business and experience the variety of opportunities available after graduation while gaining valuable professional experience.
Internship Objective: Understand Viking Electric’s value proposition in preparation for a future career by providing customer service through taking, entering and filling orders, gaining product and sales knowledge while becoming more proficient with departments, systems, and procedures, learning our operations processes and procedures, and understanding of our corporate functions.
Internship Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and understand the systems and programs necessary to provide high service levels to our customers and to maintain the operation of the Viking location and its inventory.
- Gain product and application knowledge of materials sold by Viking in the course of working at the City Desk, utilizing individual training from location manager and co-workers.
- Work with location account managers and/or account reps to meet their customers’ needs and providing back-up responsibilities to sales associates as necessary.
- Maximize sales and profitability by knowing the marketplace, competition, understanding customers’ needs and up-selling, while working closely with the Marketing & Materials group.
- Provide support to the store/operations manager in the operation of the location. Receive and stock material on shelves, maintain showroom and warehouse areas to provide a clean and safe environment to shop and work in.
- Execute an ongoing professional training plan by actively participating in all job related and company training, informational seminars, business meetings, and job shadowing.
Viking Electric Supply is an Electrical Wholesale Distribution company operating in 21 locations in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Check out Viking’s LinkedIn Company Page for more company info and insights from our associates.
Viking is Part of Sonepar USA and the Sonepar Group, the worlds largest privately held electrical distributer. visit the Sonepar USA website to learn more.
Career Opportunities After Graduation:
Viking Electric Supply has career opportunities for all graduates. Interns who have successfully completed our summer program commonly accept an Electrical Distribution Trainee (EDT) position at one of our 21 locations. The EDT position builds on the knowledge gained during the internship with even more exposure to our products and our customers.
Viking also has opportunities in the following departments
- Accounting Facilities Management
- Finance Safety & Transportation
- IT/Business Process Logistics
- Project Quotations Marketing
- Lighting Design Purchasing
- Automation Sales
- Data Communication Human Resources
- E-Business (sales and marketing)